Thursday, April 21, 2011

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish

So, coffee always sounds like a good idea, right?

This evening we ventured to a new coffee shop just down the road from where I live, quaintly known as "Book and Coffee." It had a nice spa like atmosphere meant to allow the busy Seoulite to relax and de-stress with a book and a fresh cup of joe, or tea to your preference. It provided all this with a little bit more. When ordering off the menu, you are also able to order the 'fish' for an extra W2000. Our drinks were lovely, we were given a bowl of complimentary shortbread cookies, with an endless bread bar with jam and butter. Relaxing indeed, until we were finished and prepared for the hungry fishies that awaited us.

In the back of the cafe there are tanks built into the floor with cushions lying around for you to sit on. You have to wash your feet first to make sure that they are free of lotions and oils before putting them in the tank. After receiving a nice little bite on my thumb from  fish snorkeling in Cuba, I've been a little bit leery of fish. I sucked it up and stuck my feet in the water. What did it feel like? I'm not going to lie, it wasn't like fuzzy pipe cleaners. It definitely felt like fish, with little teeth scraping and pecking at my feet and legs, but after awhile when you finally adjust it feels quite nice. It tickled a lot, and sometimes made me jump but I would for sure go back. Can't beat a W2000 foot massage and soak with the added benefits of getting to feed some fish!
The results: Well, my feet are definitely smooth and they felt like I just had a lovely invigorating massage the whole walk home.

I'll leave you with the few photos I managed to take during the ordeal when I finally calmed down enough so that I could stop laughing and actually look at my feet.

Nibbling at my heels... 


They did a pretty good job!

Foot Fishies! I thought they were supposed to be smaller than this?!
Cheers for now, Sarah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm an avid traveler, photographer, pianist, crafter and lover of random things. As I commence new adventures, I'll share my journeys with you here!

Followers