Friday, April 15, 2011

Cherry Blossoms and Living the sweet life...

Alright, so firstly I apologize for not blogging for almost a whole month! I didn't realize so much time has passed! For those of you that didn't hear though, I have a good excuse. Shortly before St. Paddy's day I ended up coming down with a really bad cold. I tried to treat it, got meds from the pharmacy and it didn't work. I ended up getting referred to an ENT who diagnosed me with a severe sinus infection and gave me some anti biotics to clear it up. My body wasn't used to the germs here, so the antibiotics weren't enough, and after they were gone, the infection returned 10x worse. So I went back, in fact I ended up going back for 'follow-up' appointments for 3 weeks 2-3 days per week! The severe sinus infection ended up moving into my chest, resulting in Bronchitis, which I have never had before. I don't even remember at this point how many times I saw the ENT, it was definitely more times than I have seen a doctor in Canada throughout my entire life. I ended up going on a 3 week stint of antibiotics that left me ridiculously run down. I had to get disgusting scopes done on my sinus cavities and down my throat and had tons of things sprayed in my sinuses to clear them, mucus sucked.. it was disgusting. Good Excuse for being MIA? I think so. Lets move on...

Recently, I got a membership to Costco. It has changed my life. I look like a gangster on my membership card (but really, who doesn't?) lol. The Seoul Costco is a lot like the North American Costcos. It has most of the same things with some Asian things thrown in too. The main difference is that this Costco is two floors. Yest TWO whole floors of Costco-y goodness! The top floor has all the random items - books, clothes, tools, laundry stuff, outdoor things, furniture, etc. The bottom floor has all the food stuffs. It was so nice to see American foods. I ended up buying bagels and cream cheese (I know boring right? but trust me, these things are a luxury here!). The canteen also has the same food, with get this - the same pictures! The prices were the same too... you can get a hotdog and pop for W2000 (i.e. 2.00 CAD). For a few minutes there, I forgot what country I was in. The main difference between Costco at home, and Costco in Asia is the people. Picture our Costco the last day it is open before Christmas... that's what this Costco is like on a normal day. I'm used to the insane volumes of people though, so it didn't really bother me.

I started taking free Korean classes through CLS. I really enjoy them so far, and it is SO nice to be able to read signs! I don't always know what the words mean if they are different in Korean, but when I can read signs walking down the street, it makes me happy! I'm miles above anything I picked up in China. Let's hope this trend continues...
This week the Cherry Blossoms are in bloom, so I brought my camera to school and took some shots before class in the morning and walked home by the river after school. I'll leave you now with some of the resulting photos. I still can't get over how beautiful it is here!
These trees are at my school - Gaepo PSA

Blossoms at Gaepo PSA

I love this view of the mountains, and I get to see it everyday! This was our walk home along the river. We entered it near Dogok Stn. Highly recommended if you're ever in the area.

Such a beautiful walk!

I wish we had these trees at home. 

the sun was starting to set through the trees
Cheers for now! I'm off to try and decorate some Easter Eggs, if it goes well you'll hear about it.
-Sarah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm an avid traveler, photographer, pianist, crafter and lover of random things. As I commence new adventures, I'll share my journeys with you here!

Followers