Monday, February 28, 2011

Money Makes the World go Round

Today I observed my first Gaepo PSA graduation ceremony where I learned a few things. They are as follows:
-          The student’s parents paid more for their children to attend preschool than my entire university education cost me.
-          These children received more bouquets of flowers for graduating preschool than I have received in my life, period.
-          In Korea, attending a prestigious private elementary school is regarded so highly that the students have to take an assessment/placement test when they apply. The highest scores are then pooled into a random lottery where a very lucky minority will obtain a spot. The remainder of the students attend public schools, which are considered substandard.
-          Children in China run around in split pants. Children in Korea wear Burberry pants – and they’re authentic.
-          Women in China walk around with knock of Louis Vuitton, Chanel and Dolce. (I mean really, who can tell the difference… it’s ‘Chinese’ leather after all!)  Women in Korea walk around with REAL Louis, Chanel and Dolce, sometimes all within the same outfit, and you know they have loads more sitting at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm an avid traveler, photographer, pianist, crafter and lover of random things. As I commence new adventures, I'll share my journeys with you here!

Followers