Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 2: First Day of School

Today was my first day at school. I feel like I'm comparing this adventure to Shanghai, far to much as it is an entirely different experience which was proven to me today, several times. The subway was a breeze (I have Shanghai to thank for this!) but as I was exiting the terminal, something entirely different happened. I reached the top of the escalator to find my exit and a lady looked at me and said 'Sarah! Hello!" Needless to say I was a little shocked, but it turned out to be the schools' HR Coordinator that I have been conversing with for the last several months, getting off the same metro train as myself! We chatted and she walked with me to school, pointing out several buildings in the area. Seoul is SO different from Shanghai, for one thing it is GORGEOUS! There's trees and greenery everywhere and there's always mountains off in the distance. The school itself is huge; apparently it is the largest private English primary school in Seoul. The building is impressive, 4 floors, beautifully decorated and CLEAN (unlike Shanghai!) and bright, with lots of natural light. Walking in, it looks like any regular elementary school you would find in Canada; bursting with life energy and lots of hard work! There wasn't much to do today as graduation is occurring this week, so I sat and observed for most of the day.

I have no internet, so hopefully I will be able to check back in here before I move! If not, I will write down my thoughts (daily) and update when I am able.
Cheers for now,
Sarah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm an avid traveler, photographer, pianist, crafter and lover of random things. As I commence new adventures, I'll share my journeys with you here!

Followers