Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Daily Dose of Smiles!

This happened a few weeks ago, so it's not entirely recent. It does however continue to creep into my brain, making me smile whenever I need a pick me up :)
The dialogue below remains true to the actual situation. It will make you smile too!

Me: "When we do descriptive writing - if you start your story 'Once Upon A Time' what tense do you need to use?

Student D's hand goes up. I am surprised because she is usually reluctant to answer questions, so I offer her a chance.

Me: "Student D! What tense should you use?"

Student D jovially responds to my question excited to share her answer.

Student D: "You should use sen-tense Sarah teacher!"

Me: "Say it again? I didn't hear you clearly..."

Student D: "Sentence Sarah teacher. You need to use sentence!"

Me: "Oh sweetheart, you're right. Please use sentences. But if you start Once Upon A Time, Once Upon A Time has already happened. You need to use past tense. "

Student D proceeds to stare blankly.

Me: "Was, were, went.... "

Student D continues to stare. Then responds, "I'll make sure I write good sentence."

Me: "Just make sure it starts with a capital letter, and ends with a period."

Cheers for Now,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm an avid traveler, photographer, pianist, crafter and lover of random things. As I commence new adventures, I'll share my journeys with you here!

Followers