Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Apartment is a Poster-child for Daiso!

Days in Korea: 7-8
With all the excitement of leaving the 'love motel' I forgot to post a blog entry yesterday!
After a not so busy day at school cutting felt boards for the wall, I was able to move into my apartment in the late evening. It's in a (generally) good area, being right behind the main drag in Gangnam gu. The area is very wealthy with high end designer stores occupying the main street. Apartments in Gangnam are apparently ridiculously expensive because of the high cost of living in this area. My apartment is down a side street just off the main drag, for which I am VERY fortunate! Everything I could ever possibly need can be found in a walk less than 5 minutes. I got to have my first taste of some 'street food' with a nice plate of Korean boiled dumplings (called mandu here). Needless to say, I will be going back for more! My apartment is small, but I was fortunate to have received a lot of things and furniture from the teacher who previously occupied the apartment!  To make my place a little more cheery, and to grab some cheap essentials (cleaner, clothes, etc) I made an all important trip to Daiso. Daiso is a Japanese chain that exists here in Korea. It's a 1000W and up store, so it's sort of like a Canadian dollar store, but much, much better, with fantastic selections! I got lots of things to spruce up the place and make it my feel like my own. Looking forward to living here, I just need to get used to the cramped kitchen! But then again with my dumpling addiction I probably won't be spending a lot of time in there anyways....
My tiny, itty bitty kitchen. You're looking at ALL of it. 

My bed, furnished by Daiso!

This is the side wall with most of m furniture

Lucky to have 2 desks! one for my art supplies and work, another for getting ready in the AM! 

Lovely Korean bathroom, again you're looking at the entire room!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm an avid traveler, photographer, pianist, crafter and lover of random things. As I commence new adventures, I'll share my journeys with you here!

Followers